We are pleased to announce that we will be restarting our clubs runs from Tuesday, 25th August 2020.
However, the following rules must be adhered to:
- Meet at the corner of the car park away from the Sports Centre.
- No use of the Sports Centre facilities.
- Maintain social distancing and keep 2 metres apart.
- No drinks or box for clothes and keys will be provided.
- All runners to carry a face covering for use in emergency (e.g. helping injured runner).
- Run in groups of 6 or less.
- Give your name before running for track and trace purposes.
- Respect the general public when doing your run.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
If you have thought about running but worry about running alone, then come along to a run night and we will take care of you. We will ensure that you have someone to run with at a pace that is comfortable for you.
The club meets at the Killamarsh Leisure Centre, Stanley Street, Sheffield S21 1EZ on Tuesday and Thursday at 6.30pm, gathering 10 minutes or so before the runs begin. There are usually around 20 – 30 members at each club run. Following the run on Thursday night there is the added bonus of meeting in the Leisure Centre for chat in the bar!
We have three runs every Tuesday and two on Thursday approximately 2 mile*, 4 mile and 6 mile courses. Some of the courses overlap so we stagger the start a little to avoid congestion on the route. The staggered start also helps us to get runners back roughly at the same time. Generally speaking everyone is back within the hour.
In the winter, for safety reasons, our runs are all on lit pavements but in the summer we take full advantage of the park and off road trails we have in the neighbourhood.
*Beginners sessions available on Tuesday club nights only.
Contact us using the Get in Touch page. Give us a try for three or four runs, you will be most welcome and you don’t have to join straight away.
Sunday, 22nd Dec, 2019
Meet at the Killamarsh Leisure Centre for a 10am start.
Steady 5 mile run with a tipple around 3 miles!